International Journal of Computer Applications encourages academicians to guest edit special issues on common topics of interest. Such special issues, introduced by the Guest Editor, focus on specialty domains such as "Evolutionary Computation" et. al.
General Information of the Special Issues
- Proposals from academicians significantly involved and recognized in their field will be considered.
- Proposals from honorable members of the Review and associated Boards of IJCA are acceptable.
- Guest editors are eligible to apply for IJCA Research Funding program
Special issues of International Journal of Computer Applications should offer
- either an authoritative review of current thinking and debates in a particular area of computer science, that at the same time takes these debates forward.
- and/or a presentation of state-of-the-art analysis within an area of current approach and academic interest, that thus informs approach debate in this area.
- Advance understanding of topics in the computer science and applications
- Provide pointers to future trends and challenges.
- Set out the importance of the area and topics that the special issue will focus on;
- Explain the anticipated contribution of the special issue in advancing understanding in this area;
- Indicate the time-scale in which the special issue could be produced (paper writing, reviewing, and submission of final copies to IJCA) assuming the proposal is accepted.
Editing a “Successful” Special Issue
Once a proposal has been approved in principle by the Editorial Board, it is the responsibility of the Guest Editor(s) to deliver the soft copy of the entire issue to the International Journal of Computer Applications within the agreed time-scale. Guest Editors must organize a double-blind reviewing process for all papers submitted for inclusion in the special issue, so as to:
- Identify those papers to be finally included in the special issue
- Strengthen these papers, so as to ensure the highest possible standards for the issue.
- Verify the accepted papers for any possible infringements of any copyrights or intellectual properties. IJCA authorities shall cross-verify the concepts and inventions proposed the submitted research papers against the USA Patent directory.
- Coordinating with the reviewers while developing extensive reviews of the submitted research papers.
The editors of International Journal of Computer Applications require to see copies of all correspondence between reviewers and Guest Editors at the time that the completed draft of the special issue is submitted to International Journal of Computer Applications.
Guest Editors should keep the editor of International Journal of Computer Applications informed by e-mail of the progress in preparing the special issue and in particular alert the IJCA authorities in advance if agreed deadlines are likely to slip.
Once the final selection of papers has been made and final versions (as per International Journal of Computer Applications format guidelines) of all these have been received, the Guest Editors should send electronic copies to the Editor. The guest editors will be provided with special FTP privileges to upload the papers onto IJCA server system.
The editorial board of International Journal of Computer Applications will check the quality of the issue before forwarding it for publication in the Digital Library and print version of the same. The print of the special issue shall be available worldwide via FCS university affiliates. The Editorial Board reserves the right to request a third review of papers and, if necessary, to request modifications to an issue before approving it for publication. However, the procedures set out above are designed to minimize the need for such measures.